Range hoods are a very important component of any kitchen because they promote good ventilation by filtering out smoke and odour through the kitchen hood duct, keeping your kitchen smelling fresh.
Every now and then, you may find yourself in need of range hood repair. Our technicians at Appliance Alliance are your specialists in range hood repair in Toronto.
Some range hoods filter air out of your kitchen and some recirculate the air back into the kitchen. Regardless of the type of range hood you have, we have technicians who will arrive on site ready to fix whatever repairs are necessary. To get your range hood running efficiently as quickly as possible, we offer same-day range hood repair service.
We specialize in the following:
- range hood fan motor repair
- range vent repair
- kitchen hood duct repair
- electronic control board repair & more
Common Range Hood Issues
Some of the common issues that indicate you may be in need of range hood repair are:
- Smoke isn’t being filtered out – This could be due to clogged air filters, an issue with the air duct or a broken fan blade.
- Fan not working – usually this is caused by a faulty fan switch, a problem with the electronic control board, bad user interface control or wiring failure.
- Noisy exhaust fan – usual culprits could be loose screws, a damaged fan blade or a faulty fan motor, in which case, range hood fan motor repair will be necessary.
- Lights and fan not working – this can be caused by a wiring problem, a failed electronic control board or bad user interface control.
- Fan turns on by itself – some range hood models have a sensor that monitors the temperature of the air above the stove and automatically turns on the fan when the air gets hot enough. If the fan is triggered when the air is cool, it could be due to a faulty sensor, loose wiring or a bad electronic control board
Soap and water are very effective in cleaning range hoods. The first step is to wipe the outside of the range hood to remove grease and dust that have settled on it. You can use a thick paper towel to do this or rag cloths. You can use anti-grease dish soap to break up the grease and remove it.
Next, wipe away any stains under the hood. Wipe down the area where the vent is installed. You may see some black spots which are a buildup of the grease. For best results, use a scrubbing brush to remove some of the tough stains.
The next step is to take out the filter and clean it. This is where most of the grease builds up in your range hood so it needs to be cleaned carefully. Once you remove the filter, place it in the sink containing hot water and dish soap. Allow it to soak for about 15 to 20 minutes, and then use a scrubbing brush to scrub away the grease. When it is clean, rinse the filter and wipe it dry using a cloth.
Range hood repair can cost anywhere from $90 – $200, depending on the part that needs repair.
A convertible range hood is one that can be installed with external venting or recirculating, which means ventless. By default, the canopy hood is set for venting through the roof or wall but can be converted to recirculating by the installation instructions provided by the manufacturer.
Why Hire Us?
Appliance Alliance has been providing superior appliance repair service in Toronto for years. Our technicians are well trained on how to repair kitchen range hoods and can fix whatever range hood problem you have. Call us today to schedule a service call!