Are your dishes spotted or stained after your dishwasher completes the cycle? This is just one of the common signs that your dishwasher is in need of repair. If you are experiencing any one of these dishwasher problems, we can help.
Our trained technicians at Appliance Alliance have been providing reliable appliance repair service in the Toronto region for years. When you place a service call to us, we’ll get to the bottom of the problem and investigate why your dishwasher won’t turn on or why it is showing signs of distress.
Common Dishwasher Issues
- Dishwasher not starting – there are a number of reasons why your dishwasher won’t turn on. The problem could be with the dishwasher door. For the dishwasher to start, the door must be latched closed, which prevents the door from opening during a cycle. If the latch is faulty, your dishwasher will not start. Other reasons your dishwasher isn’t starting could be a drive motor that needs repair or replacement, or problems with the timer, thermal fuse or selector switch.
- Dishwasher not cleaning properly – should you find that your dishes are dirty at the end of a wash cycle, the spray arm could be the culprit. Other faulty parts that may cause dirty dishes could be the docking station, the filter, the wash spinner or the food chopper.
- Dishwasher not draining – if the problem is not caused by the drain, it could be the food chopper, the timer, the drain hose or the drain belt.
- Dishwasher not dispensing detergent – this could be caused by the dispenser door not releasing detergent properly. If the dispenser door is not faulty, the problem could lie with the actual dispenser.
- Noisy dishwasher – this is often due to a damaged or defective pump. The pump consists of two parts – the drain and the part that controls circulation. If either of these is faulty, they can create noise when spinning.
- Dishwasher tripping electrics – this could be due to dampness, a bad fuse or damaged wiring.
Each dishwasher model has a different drain, and where it is located depends on the model. If the drain is obstructed, it could cause drainage issues. To unclog the drain, find out where the drain is on your dishwasher by reading the manual. Once you have located it, inspect it to see if there is anything obstructing it. Remember not to disassemble anything. If you have trouble accessing the drain, our technicians would be more than happy to help.
Dishwasher spray arms are what clean the dishes. They are on the lower part of the dishwasher, and as the arms rotate, they spray water to clean the dishes. Some dishwashers have just one sway arm and some have multiple.
According to HomeAdvisor, dishwasher repair costs an average of $230. Depending on the problem, repairs may cost just $50 to $100 but could also climb to about $600.
The cost to repair a dishwasher depends on:
1. the age of the dishwasher
2. the brand
3. if the repair is covered by a warranty
4. the type of repair needed
Reliable Dishwasher Repair Service in Toronto
Appliance Alliance is your local appliance expert. We know what it takes to fix dishwashers and get them up running again in no time. Call us today to book your consultation!